About the Role
The Senior System Administrator will assist in providing support systems, engineering project solutions, maintenance plans, and troubleshooting issues for all the J.M. Longyear companies.
Essential Function / Duties
- Manage and maintain our server systems and AD Azure infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain our network systems and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain system configurations, backups, and documentation.
- Support enterprise project implementations through infrastructure upgrades.
- Investigate, repair, and recover from hardware of software failures.
- Evaluation, recommendations, installation, and repair of software platforms.
- Maintaining and executing jobs with our enterprise-level backup systems.
- Maintaining and enhancing jobs with our enterprise-level backup systems.
- Assist in 2nd – 3rd level support to our Help Desk when needed.
- Progressive Responsibility with Office 365 cloud, Azure AD, network administration, TC/IP, and other networking principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the essential functions
Work Schedule / Supervision
Position: Full-time: 40 hours per week; travel = 20% to company locations
Position Status: Exempt position; without compensation and without notice
Recommended Education / Experience
Education: Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 10+ years of experience with server-level hardware implementations. Strong understanding of IP Networking, VPN, and security principles across multiple sites and domains. Experience configuring, deploying, installing, and troubleshooting clustered hosting servers and relevant hypervisors; e.g., VMware.
Longyear is a privately held entrepreneurial asset management company based in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We have a 150-year track record for embracing opportunity and growing long-term value. Over several generations, we have grown our natural resource enterprise into a powerful family of companies that deliver a steady supply of high-quality products that benefit consumers, businesses, and communities. Our companies include Northern Hardwoods, Able Medical Devices, JML Forestry and Forestville.
Today we continue to support growth and prosperity in our businesses and across our region, with more than 200 employees, hundreds of contractors, and continued long-term investment in companies that prioritize people and the environment.