About the Role
Responsible for the functions below and to meet and exceed company annual and long-term operating and financial targets.
Essential Function / Duties
- Establish and maintain customer relationships and programs for kiln dried hardwood lumber both domestically and internationally.
- Promote and market the Northern Hardwoods’ brand with direction of management.
- Work with teams on achieving key metrics and plan objectives.
- Work with logistics team on using synergies for outbound lumber.
- Assist Management in annual sales planning.
- Help ensure that Northern Hardwoods’ quality standards are communicated and understood by customer(s).
- Work with mill(s) on any quality issues of non-conformance that arise.
- Communicate potential areas of product improvement and growth.
Work Schedule / Supervision
Position: Full-time: 40 hours per week, more/irregular hours may be required at times; Travel as required to meet sales plans; one week per month required at Mill(s).
Position Status: Exempt status without compensation, notice
Recommended Education / Experience
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 5+ years in sales; proven sales results as well as existing customer relationships; extensive knowledge of hardwood lumber industry; knowledge of hardwood lumber sawmills , concentration yard practices, quality programs; strong understanding of Microsoft Office; valid driver’s license.
Expected Behaviors / Qualities
Committed to quality customer service, team-oriented, respectful, diplomatic, organized, resourceful, decisive, able to work in stressful conditions, promotes a positive work environment, strong problem-solver, results-driven, able to negotiate and effect change.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions due to travel. Other factors are office, warehouse, and production floor environment; computer station work; working around or in potentially hazardous machinery.
No record of criminal convictions which may be deemed to disqualify the person from employment (consideration of nature of the crime, date of conviction and final disposition will be determinative); valid driver’s license; reliable transportation.