Northern Hardwoods in Atlantic Mine, Michigan is hiring Maintenance Worker for 1st shift. We offer a Sign on Bonus, Monthly Production Bonus, Competitive Wage, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, 401K, Vacation and Holidays.
About the Role
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for keeping all manufacturing equipment in a safe, operable condition through their maintenance and repair.
Essential Function / Duties
- Troubleshoots malfunctions with the debarker, head rigs, edger, gang rip saw, trimmer, chipper, conveyors, compressors, chain drives, hoists, shaker, sorter, stacker and boiler.
- Maintains and troubleshoots malfunctions with the front-end loader, log loader, forklifts and pick-up trucks.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, air wrenches, hydraulic jack and press, hose press, band saw, milling machines, and come-alongs for repairs.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance and completes maintenance tracking sheets.
- Monitors oil and replacement parts inventories, completes requisition forms, and reports to supervisor or team lead.
- Uses torches and welder.
- Make and replaces hydraulic hoses.
- Working hours may vary as needed, as most maintenance happens during non-production hours.
- Helps in other departments when needed.
- May use computer skills to resolve production, maintenance, or help needed.
- Review daily lift inspections and resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
**This is not an exhaustive list of duties
Work Schedule / Supervision
Position: Full-time: 40 hours per week; M-F; Occasional nights/weekends.
Recommended Education / Experience
Education: High School or equivalent
Experience: 2 years vehicle or equipment repair and maintenance.
Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, vacation, sick and holidays.
Please see attached job description for more details.
About Northern Hardwoods
Northern Hardwoods is an integrated hardwoods products company that manages the entire forest-to-products process, from harvesting timber to the production of hardwood lumber, pulpwood, and veneer logs in a State-Of-The-Art Hardwood Sawmill. Northern Hardwoods prides itself on its one-of-a-kind white hard maple. The company has capabilities to Surface 2 Sides (S2S) all its products, along with Straight Line Rip One Edge and Rip to Width. Northern Hardwoods specializes in slow drying pre-dry and kiln operation, sustainable forest management, and ripped to width lumber strips. Please visit our website www.northernhardwoods.com to learn more about the company.
Northern Hardwoods is a portfolio organization of the J.M. Longyear family of companies. Headquartered in Marquette, Michigan, J.M. Longyear is a privately held asset-based manager with 150 years of experience growing long-term value. Longyear’s interests span a vast spectrum of markets that include forestry and land management, mining & metals, hardwood products, manufacturing, real estate, and medical device products. Please visit www.jmlongyear.com for more information.