About the Role
The CNC Operator is responsible for producing production and prototype machined products using CNC production equipment and utilizing precision measurement equipment to meet customer requirements.
Essential Function / Duties
- Accept responsibility for your safety and the safety of others by using safety awareness tools to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Manufacture standard production and prototype medical devices.
- Operate CNC machine centers, Swiss turning centers, and Wire EDM.
- Document process sheet instructions, prints, tool lists, and inspection procedures to verify sequence and conformance to requirements.
- Lead the culture of 5S by creating an orderly work area including machining equipment and tooling.
- Collaborate to resolve machining problems to achieve the current production schedule.
- Assist in the implementation of lean manufacturing techniques to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Use precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspections before, during and after machining.
- Monitor machining operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks before, during, and after operations on machine centers.
- Visually inspect small tools and tooling kits to ensure correct tooling, sequence of use and tool offsets
- Interpret GD&T design specifications to optimize machine fixturing and wear offsets.
- Vigilantly observe and analyze potentially hazardous conditions in the areas of production.
- Document “fail safe” attributes of products and processes.
- Convey Able’s culture and core principles through all work performed, as well as through interactions with customers and coworkers.
- Demonstrate and inspire dedication to the company through visible actions.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes in workload and work collaboratively with others
*This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions
Work Schedule / Supervision
Position: Full-time: 40 hours per week; potential for more
Position Status: Non-Exempt Status: with compensation, without notice; Overtime may be necessary
Recommended Education / Experience
Education: High School education or equivalent; 2-year associate degree in CNC or equivalent technical discipline preferred but not required.
Experience: Competency with MS Office applications; written and verbal communication skills; general understanding of production and product development regulations and quality control processes (including gaging and OGP operation) preferred. 4+ years of experience at proficiency as a CNC Operator required for CNC Operator II designation.
Excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, vacation, and holidays.
About Able Medical Devices
Able Medical Devices is a leader in contract manufacturing and development. Able partners with companies seeking first class, outsourced services from design & development to comprehensive finished goods manufacturing. The company’s extensive expertise includes working with surgeons and OEM’s in spine, trauma and cardiothoracic markets. Able specializes in developing full surgical systems as well as custom instrumentation. Please visit our website www.ablemedicaldevices.com to learn more about the company.