About the Role
The Buyer Planner is primarily responsible for the ongoing procurement and negotiations of materials, components, equipment, supplies, and services that meet the quality standards of the company. They assume full responsibility for manufacturing planning requirements and supply chain management to ensure timely (scheduled) deliveries of goods and services within budget and/or standard costs. The Buyer Planner relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and through efficient production order scheduling, ensures the manufacturing plan and customer needs are met while supporting efficient use of manufacturing resources.
- Procure materials components, equipment, supplies and services necessary for the operation of the company
- Plan, schedule, and monitor goods and services to meet the production requirements of the company employing such techniques but not limited to JIT, Kanban, Blanket POs, and Reschedules.
- Check requisitions and MRP requirements, contact and evaluate sources, examine bids, and make awards.
- Set up and maintain material, supplier, and planning system data in the MRP/ERP system.
- Exercise a good working knowledge of goods, services, and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements.
- Determine material requirements from Engineering and production schedules and coordinate the efficient movement of materials through production cycle.
- Identify and evaluate sources of supply consistent with quality and quantity requirements of the company.
- Evaluate bids consistent with the total cost of ownership.
- Establish goals and objectives that support the department and company objectives.
- Take on special assignments as warranted, such as projects to resource commodities.
- Coordinate with receiving, finance, and suppliers to reconcile discrepancies in receiving and invoicing.
- Develop, implement, and support sourcing and supplier management initiatives.
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, lead-time, etc with suppliers and partners.
- Own sales and operations planning (SIOP)/production forecasting process.
- Establish a culture of level production loading by utilizing and developing metrics to continuously improve.
- Communicate and manage potential delays to maintain manufacturing performance to schedule.
- Analyze, develop, and adjust inventory levels to optimize the needs of customers, effectively utilize manufacturing resources, and balance inventory costs as business changes.
- Work closely with the commercial team to seamlessly transition customer orders to manufacturing.
- Assist in the implementation of lean manufacturing techniques to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead the culture of 5S by creating an orderly work area
- Convey Able’s culture and core principles through all work performed, as well as through interactions with customers and coworkers.
- Demonstrate and inspire dedication to the company through visible actions.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes in workload and work collaboratively with others.
- Any other appropriate duties as identified by supervisor.
Position: Full-time; 40 hours per week; can be substantially more, infrequent travel
Position Status: Non-Exempt Status: with compensation, without notice; Overtime may be necessary
Education: High School or equivalent required; Bachelor’s in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in scheduling/planning in manufacturing or logistics environment and processes is preferred. Proficient in reading engineering drawings. Experience with ERP systems and office applications required; Great Plains experience preferred. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, vacation, and holidays.
About Able Medical Devices
Able Medical Devices is a leader in contract manufacturing and development. Able partners with companies seeking first class, outsourced services from design & development to comprehensive finished goods manufacturing. The company’s extensive expertise includes working with surgeons and OEM’s in spine, trauma and cardiothoracic markets. Able specializes in developing full surgical systems as well as custom instrumentation. Please visit our website www.ablemedicaldevices.com to learn more about the company.